I know a lot of moms warned me about the difficult newborn phase but I will say that I have absolutely loved it! Yes, it can be exhausting but there is nothing sweeter than a new baby! During this phase your baby really doesn’t need much except you. However, there were a couple of items that really made those first few weeks easier.
- SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: While we have the nursery set up we knew Sam would be sleeping in with us for the first few months. Luckily our friends let us borrow their Arms Reach Co-Sleeper and we purchased the DockATot (save 10% when you order from our link) to go inside of it. The co-sleeper slides right up to the bed and Sam is comfy cozy in his DockATot inside it. By 6 weeks Sam was sleeping 5-6 hours at a time in his DockATot! I also love that we will be able to travel with it and we can move it into his crib to make the transition easier when it is time. For me the DockATot is a must buy!
- DIAPER BIN: I have heard mixed reviews about needing a separate trash can for diapers but for us it is a must! We swear by the Ubbi Diaper Pail. You can use a normal trash bag unlike some of the other diaper pails and it is amazing at keeping the smells out! Seriously add it to your registry!
- SHUSHER: One of our friends told us about the Baby Shusher and it seemed so silly until we tried it out. The second Sam starts crying you just turn on the shusher and Sam is immediately calmed. Seriously it is magic and a lifesaver in the car!
- SWADDLE: Sam’s favorite swaddle is the Miracle Blanket. He has some strong arms and this one really holds them down and helps control his startle reflex.
- BURP CLOTH: You can spend a lot on burp cloths or you can buy the basic cloth diapers and use those! They are super absorbent and cheap…..buy a lot because you want them all over the house 😉
Are there any products you guys couldn’t live without those first weeks?