With a new baby all of our recipes have been about convenience but now that I am back to the 21 Day Fix I have needed to find recipes that are both easy and clean. This recipe is great because we had all the ingredients in our house already! I did make some changes to the original recipe, but I think it turned out great.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or coconut liquid aminos)
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours
- Add cashews and shred chicken
- Serve over buckwheat soba noodles
This recipe didn’t originally call for the chicken to be shredded but I like that all the chicken is mixed in the sauce this way versus just the outside. I also feel like cooking chicken breasts in the crockpot can dry them out and by shredding them I am able to watch the cooking more carefully.
We love the buckwheat soba noodles because they are 100% clean but don’t taste like whole wheat which David hates. They also cook in minutes which is a plus when you have mom brain and forget to cook the rice that takes 45 minutes :\