While I love to indulge during the holidays, I also love a good healthy swap. These chocolate chip cookies will make you feel like you are eating the real thing and allow you to indulge guilt free in other favorite desserts. These are from the 21 Day Fix Cookbook, Fixate, and I am in love.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Beat oil and maple syrup in large mixer bowl until creamy, 4-5 minutes.
- Add egg, egg whites and extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto parchment paper and bake 14-16 minutes. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1 cookie is equal to 1.5 yellow containers
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week and enjoy all the treats ahead of you! If you are interested in participating in my next 21 day fix accountability group you can fill out the application below. We will start on Monday, January 4th! Just in time to take back control of your eating after all the holiday indulgences!