I am finishing up week 3 of the 21 day fix and still seeing great results! I can’t wait to share my before and after pictures with you next week. In the meantime I discovered a way to sneak more chocolate and deliciousness into my diet while still eating clean and following the 21 day fix container system. Meet the flourless brownie muffins!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers, set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor, cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Divide batter among 12 muffin pans.
5. Top each muffin with about 4 chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
7. Cool completely and enjoy!
These are such a fast healthy alternative to have for guests on weekend morning instead of the huge Costco muffins (yes, you know the ones). Your guests won’t even know the difference! David thought they tasted delicious but he wasn’t a fan of the texture, he said they were more moist than he would normally like his cake. However, I think they are great and love a good moist cake.
Oh and if you are following the 21 day fix, these count as 1.5 yellow and 1/2 an orange, and a tsp. Let me know what you guys think!