One of our family Buchanan classic recipes is called zebra. It is one of the most simple but delicious deserts! Below is our classic family recipe:
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
19-oz package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
1. Whip cream, slowly add sugar and vanilla.
2. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Do not over whip or it will begin to fall.
3. Spread one-half tablespoon whipped cream on each wafer.
4. Begin stacking wafers together on end on a long serving platter to make a 14-inch log.
5. Frost with remaining whipped cream.
6. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Slice at a 45 degree angle so each serving shows the chocolate and white layers.